Purpose: The transient program shows the continuous analysis of a sample in real time as it runs through the ICP
A. Setting up Transient Parameter
- Start up the instrument and start the Smart Analyzer Vision Software.
- In the Smart Analyzer software open METHOD from the options at the left of the display screen and choose the method needed.
- At the top of the TRANSIENT display screen choose ‘Transient” and in the drop down menu pick ‘Load Method’. Choose the desired method from the dialog box.
- From the icon at the top of the display screen choose ‘Fast Transient’.
- In the dialog box:
i. Sample name: What the specific sample should be called
ii. Runtime: How long the sample should run in seconds.
iii. Sampling Rate: How many samples per second should be run measured in Hertz.
iv. Integration Interval
v. File name: Give the file a name containing the date and a constant that will be used for all similar samples.
* It is possible to just run one sample by clicking the ‘Method Transient’ icon*
B. Executing the Transient mode using Smart Triggers
- Start the Smart Trigger software.
- In the Smart Trigger METHOD section choose the desired Smart Analyzer method from the drop down menu.
- Click the TRANSIENT icon
- In the file dialog box, give the sample a name.
- Open TRANSIENT from the options at the left of the display screen.
- Click START
- The transient will continue to collect data until it times out or until ABORT is clicked
- When a run is aborted there is the risk of losing all of the collected data
- Exporting Data
- Data is written to a net cdf file
- Manual export (inconsistent with automation) à extracts into an readable excel file