CH142 Learning Goals
- For students to deepen their appreciation for the relevance of chemistry, not just as it pertains to scientists, but also as a facet of liberal learning.
- For students to gain a broad understanding of chemistry that leaves them prepared for organic chemistry and beyond.
- To strengthen communication skills using the nomenclature used by chemists.
- To learn the basic principles of mass balance and chemical equilibria.
- To understand the fundamental kinetics and thermodynamics that govern chemical reactions.
- For students to sharpen their quantitative skills in a scientific context.
- For students to improve skills in solving problems that involve the integration and synthesis of new knowledge and to master the interface between narrative and mathematical problem solving.
CH142 Laboratory information can also be found on MoodleSapling Learning
Approximate Lecture Schedule
Solutions and Colligative Properties
Chemical Equilibria and Le Chatleier's Principle
Reaction Mechanisms and Catalysis
Weak Acids and Bases
Buffers and Titrations
Spontaneity and Gibbs Free Energy
Batteries, Fuel Cells, and Electrolysis
Search CH142 Wiki