Chosen by Naomi Staley
1. Name of the game
2. Game platform
3. Write a brief description of the game
You start with an 8 by 8 board full of 7 different colors of gems.There is a status bar at the bottom of the board telling you how much of the level you have completed.
4. What is the game's genre? Does it follow the rules for the genre? Does it have any unique characteristics relative to other games in the genre?
This game has one player. You play against the clock and try to swap gems fast enough to not lose. It is similar to tetris in that you play against the clock and are trying to match pieces so that they will disappear. In tetris a row disappears when every square is filled up. In bejeweled jewels disappear when three or more of the same color are matched. These are both puzzle games. The challenge is the same in both of these games, time. You are not controlling any players in this game and the environment is the same. In both cases you start out with a board. In bejeweled the pieces are already there and you are just trying to swap them. In tetris you are placing the pieces in good spots.
5. Describe the game interface. What controls are available to the user, and what aspects of the game do they control?
The player can swap gems but only if they will get three or more in a row of the same color.
6. What is the goal of the game?
The goal of the game is to prevent the status bar from going down to zero or to prevent yourself from losing. Also you want to get a higher score than everyone else who has played before.
7. What are the major challenges of the game?
Finding a place to swap gems so that you get three in a row and in the later levels finding them those places fast enough.
8. What is the complexity of the rule set?
The rules are not that complicated. You swap gems and if you try to swap gems that will not create three in a row of the same color then nothing happens.
9. What kind of competition exists?
You are competing with the clock to try to swap gems fast enough to not lose.
Review Naomi Staley
10. Is the game fun? Rate on a scale of 1 (not fun) to 5 (very fun)
11. Is the game difficult to learn? Rate on a scale of 1 (easy) to 5 (difficult).
1, it' really easy to pick up.
12. Rate the visual quality of the game between 1 (poor) to 5 (very good).
3, the gems look kind of cool but there isn't much to the graphics.
13. How engaging is the game? Rate on a scale of 1 (not at all) to 5 (extremely).
4, pretty engaging when you get to the later levels.
14. What is your overall recommendation for the game? Rate on a scale of 1 (Do not recommend) to 5 (strongly recommend).
4, the first few levels are kind of boring so you should only play if you have time to get to the later ones.