Game 1 -
1) Sim City
3) In this game the goal is to construct a city from scratch, laying down power grids, water lines, etc. then as the mayor of the city you must regulate taxes, building, zoning, and local issues to make your city as successful as possible.
5) The game interface is simply an overhead view of they city with a panel to manage the physcial aspects of the city as well as the political/tax issues that arise as you're playing.
6) The goal of the game is to keep your city earning money and growing in population.
7) The major challenge of the game is to keep your city modern by building, but at the same time keep the city from going bankrupt. You need to bring people in to make money in taxes, but if taxes are too high they won't come and if they are too low people will come but you'll make no money.
8) The rules are relatively simple to start but soon become more complex as you have to manage more and more issues in a city of increasing size.
9) The major form of competition is with one's self, trying to make the city you have more modern and more successful than it currently is.
10) 5. I think this game is very fun and keeps you interested by adding complexity.
11) 3. It takes a bit of time to get the hang of how to keep a financial balance in the city but the game is not that difficult to learn.
12) 4. The visuals are quite good, and as you zoom in you get to see your city in more detail and see the people in it doing all sorts of things.
13) 4. This game is quite addicting because you are constantly working to keep the city making money and populated while technology and your options as mayor grow and change.
14) 5. I think this is a great game which is very fun and keeps you interested the whole time.
Game 2 -
3) This game is basically a chase game where you must get an object from one point to another by driving your van through traffic and avoiding police and civilian casualities.
5) The interface is simply an overhead view of your van driving down the road with arrow keys for steering and acceleration and space bar for a speed boost/weapon.
6) The goal of the game is to transport an object from one point to another while avoiding damaging civilian vehicles. In the end you are rewarded with money to upgrade your van and add weapons to it.
7) The major challenge is to get from point a to point b as quickly as possible and avoid damaging civilian cars becuase this will cost you money when it comes time to get paid for the job.
8) The rules are very simple, the faster and cleaner your run through traffic the more money you get and the more money you get the more you can upgrade your van.
9) The only major competition is with yourself to try to go faster each time or hit fewer civilian cars to get paid more and improve your vehicle.
10) 3. This game is quite fun but becomes redundant.
11) 2. This game is extremely easy to learn though difficult to become very good at.
12) 3. For a 2D game the graphics are pretty good, but not very detailed.
13) 3. It's pretty engaging, but as stated before, it does become redundant.
14) 3. Heist is a good fun game that will entertain you for 45 minutes but isn't a game you'll want to play for hours.
Game 3 -
1) World of Goo
2) Downloaded Application
3) In this game you are presented with a level in which there are blobs of goo and at some distance away, with numerous obstacles in between, a pipe that a certain number must make it too. To do this you have to connect the blobs of goo together to make structures and transport a certain number of them to the end.
5) The interface is mouse click based in which you simply click and drag blobs of goo next to each other to connect them in a 2D structure.
6) The goal of the game is to make a structure that is strong enough and big enough to get to the pipe at the end without using so many of the blobs that you can't get the required amount into the pipe.
7) Major challenge is to make a structure of as few blobs as possible to get the required amount to the end without sacrificing the stability of the structure.
8) The rules are very simple. Make a structure to transport x number of blobs to the pipe to move onto the next level.
9) The only competition is with yourself to try to get to the pipe using fewer and fewer blobs to make the structure.
10) 5. This game is extremely fun and addictive.
11) 2. It takes a little time to get used to the physics of how the blobs connect, but it's very easy to learn.
12) 5. This game has a very clear artistic idea and it is executed very nicely.
13) 5. The game is very engaging and very addicting.
14) 5. I highly recommend this game, it's fun, easy to learn, good looking, and addicting.
Game 4 -
3) This is a simple crossword puzzle game in which you must use the clues provided to complete the word puzzle.
5) The interface is mouse based with use of the full keyboard to input letters. Clues scroll on the right and the puzzle is centered full size on the left. When a clue is selected the corresponding spaces are highlighted on the puzzle board as well.
6) The goal is to use the clues to complete the entire puzzle in as little time as possible.
7) The major challenge is finding out what the clues mean and with a bit of strategy using the clues you do know the answers for to figure out the ones you may not.
8) The rules are very simple. Put in letters where there are blanks and try to answer the questions and clues with the right answer.
9) The only major form of competition is with yourself to figure out the puzzle as fast as you can and use the knowledge you have to find all the answers.
10) 4. This game is quite fun but can be frustrating depending on the theme of the clues and your individual knowledge set.
11) 2. This game is very easy to learn, however it does take a little time to get used to the style of the clues and how the interface works (i.e. you can type vertically by selecting a "down" clue).
12) 2. The game has very simple visuals and little that could be seen as interesting graphically, but it is well laid out and easy to use.
13) 3. The game is quite engaging but can become frustrating if you don't know more than a few of the clues.
14) 3. For those who like crossword puzzles this is a good game with a clear and simple interface.
Game 5 -
3) In this game you can change the angle of a fixed dart throwing machine and with a set number of darts much pop a specified number of baloons or more from a floating arrangement.
5) The interface is all mouse based, using the mouse the change angle of the thrower and shoot at different power levels.
6) The goal of the game is to shoot down a given number of balloons while using only the limited number of darts you are given, often using obstacles to bounce the darts and special balloons to help.
7) The major challenge is to pop all of the balloons while only using your limited number of darts. You really have to plan how to use each dart and how to take advantage of the environment.
8) The rules are quite simple, the only learning curve is in getting used to the physics and the different types of balloons.
9) The only competition is with yourself to try to pop as many balloons as possible in each level in the most efficient way.
10) 4. This game is simple but requires planning and some thought. Very fun.
11) 2. The game is very easy to learn once you get a sense for the physics of the darts and how different balloons work.
12) 3. The visuals are simple but nicely done.
13) 4. Once you get into the upper levels that require a bit more planning it can become very engaging. The more difficult the level the more addicting.
14) 4. I think this is a fun, smart game that is easy to learn and will hold anyones interest.