To create custom actors you must do the following.
1. Create a folder for you plugins i.e.:
2. Copy the IsadoraLib and IsadoraDemoPlugin folders from the IsadoraSDK:
- We copy over IsadoraLib so we have the proper libraries to link to
- We copy over IadoraDemoPlugin so we have an XCode project with which to base our first build. If we ever want to create a new plugin just copy any of your previous plugin folders and rename
3. Rename the IsadoraDemoPlugin folder to the name you want
4. Open the folder
5. Rename the XCode project to the name you want
6. Open the XCode project and do the following:
- Choose Project>Edit Active Target
- In the dialog that appears, click on the"General" tab at the top of the window.
- Type the name of your plugin in the “Name” field.
- Now click the "Build" tab.
- Under the column marked “Setting”, find “Product Name”. Double-click where you see “Isadora Demo Plugin” and a text edit box will appear.
- Enter the plugin name in the text edit box and hit return. Don't use any extensions for this name, as it will automatically add ".izzyplug" the name when the plugin is built.
- Now click the "Properties" tab.
- Enter the name of your plugin in the “Executable” field.
- Close this window.
7. Edit your actor
- Make sure you change the following lines of code: *I usually make the code '___a' and go up in the alphabet if I make a new plugin
8. When you build your XCode project, the .izzyplug will appear in ~/Desktop/customPlugins/<pluginname>/build/Debug
- Note that you can delete the old IsadoraDemoPlugin.build folder if you wish
9. To get this plugin working in Isadora we must copy it from the Debug folder to Isadora's plugin directory:
10. Run Isadora