The vehicle above gets about 12 miles/gallon.
King's ride to work.
Heat generated by burning various fuel sources:
Energy consumption for hot water use:
- Colby showers run at 2 gal/min
- Average "hot" water temperature: 105 °F
- Average ground water ("cold"): 55 °F
- Steam generation/water heating is approximately 85% efficient at the Colby steam plant
- Electricity generation is approximately 60% efficient at the Colby steam plant
Manufacturing: The Secret Cost
What is Life Cycle Analysis?
Life Cycle Analysis for Transportation (see selected figures below)
Life Cycle Analysis of Consumer Products