Overview:

The purpose of this project was to take our images from the last project and compile them onto one screen to create a collage. We started to use a few new parameters this week that helped us smoothly combine many images onto one screen. The new parameters included the alpha value and the no background parameter. The alpha value allows me to decided how much of the image I want to show up on the screen. For example, if I choose an alpha value of 1, the image will fully show up on the screen. However, if I put an alpha value of 0.5, the image will show up on the screen but significantly faded. An alpha value of 0 would hide the image completely. Below is an example of what a list that is called to show the image looks like with these parameters:
The first value is the image I want to show up, the second and third are x and y starting location points, the fourth is what filter I want on the image, the fifth is the alpha value, the sixth is whether or not I want to background pixels to show up, and the seventh determines the pixmap. Using this list full of these parameters, I was able to create the below collage:


Using the below code, I was able to call the above collage:

It is important to note how the alpha value changes the presentation of the image. The alpha value on the barn_door image is 0.5, which is why it is so faint. The alpha value on the FallFoliage image is 1, which is why it is 100% shown. The use of the alpha value is extremely important in constructing this collage. 
Next I needed to create a cover photo collage that showed various images that combined had at least a 3 times longer width than height. By precisely coding the x values, I was able to come up with the below cover collage:

Extensions:
1.) By updating my NoBkg function, I was able to make it handle both the blue and green screens. Below is what the image looked like with all of the NoBkg parameters off and before I updated my code:

By updating my code to what is below, I was able to simply not place both the green and blue pixels:

I updated the code by adding the or statement. This statement tells python to either not place the green pixels or not place the blue pixels. It is a useful code because it is concise and does either one of the operations or the other, not both. This is what my updated image looks like:

2.) For my second extension I used my green screen functions to put myself within a totally new scene. I decided to photo shop myself into a picture with the actors from the TV show friends. This is what it turned out to look like:


By utilizing my green screen function, and by carefully placing my image into an area in between characters, I successfully photo shopped myself into this new scene.

What I learned: This lab helped me understand how to successfully use lists to create images with many different sub images, components and parameters. In addition, I also got very comfortable with looping many different variables.

Acknowledgements: Prof. Taylor, Multiple TA's, Matt Martin