Milage of Typical Cars (Milage Lookup)
The vehicle above gets about 12 miles/gallon.
Heat generated by burning various fuel sources:
Energy consumption for hot water use:
- Colby showers run at 2 gal/min
- Average "hot" water temperature: 105 °F
- Average ground water ("cold"): 55 °F
- Steam generation/water heating is approximately 85% efficient at the Colby steam plant
- Electricity generation is approximately 60% efficient at the Colby steam plant
Manufacturing: The Secret Cost
Life Cycle Analysis for Transportation (see selected figures below)
Life Cycle Analysis of consumer Products
- Production of PET plastic (number 1 recyclable plastic) uses about 80MJ per kilogram of raw polymer, including feedstock and energy for production. (Source)
- 81% of a computers energy consumption over the lifetime of the product is due to the energy costs of production! (Link)
- Check out this helpful site on Unit Conversions.