The purpose of this project was to learn how to use the 'turtle' feature of python programming language. As the name of the project suggests, the python turtle allows me to draw different shapes and create further complex shapes using different features. Descriptions and images below will illustrate how my shapes became more sophisticated as I moved on to different steps and extensions in the project.
- shapesA.py draws a simple chair by moving the "turtle" to left and right at different distances and different angles. The snippet below shows some comands.
- The image below is how shapeA looks like.
- shapeB.py draws a cross by moving the turtle left and right at different distances and angles. Basically both shape A and B are quite simple. Below is the image of shape B.
- In shapes.py, my codes and shapes start to become more complicated. First of all, I created multiple functions that define shapeA and shapeB so that I would not have to rewrite all the codes of shape A&B every time I want to draw them. The define function looks like below.
- In shapes.py I also created a function that draws both shape A&B but there is a small movement of turtle between drawing those two shapes. I intentionally put some commands between shape A&B so that they would look awkward when drawn together. ShapeC looks like below.