Behold a collection of images that I generated over the course of the semester in CS 351. Some were done individually; others were done with the help of a group (shout out to Justin and Nicki). Descriptions are located beneath each image.
Assignment 2: This is an image of the Mandlebrot set generated by setting the zero attractor pixels to display only blue pixels of low random intensity (yielding different shades of dark blue) and the infinity attractor pixels to random shades of green and blue.
Assignment 2: To create this image, Justin and I replaced the blue screen background picture with an image of the Wu-Tang Clan. Enter the WU!
Assignment 3: Justin and I tested vertical, horizontal, and "regular" lines in all sections of the graphic plane using this image. To create it, we used Bersenham's line drawing algorithm.
Assignment 3: I generated this Olympic masterpiece using circles and lines while we were developing the primitives in our library.
Assignment 4: This image was created to represent a 3D scene and demonstrate our first fill algorithm. It features a number of differently-shaped polygons of a varying number of vertices that are all filled in with different colors using the shade fill algorithm.
Assignment 4: This picture tested our implementation of polylines.
Assignment 5: This image is an example of two-dimensional transformations using matrices. All elements of our spaceship in the image below are created as basic elements - unit squares, unit circles, basic polylines and polygons, etc. - and then stored in an array that is manipulated easily using the LTM. Then, using a global transformation matrix, we were able to alter all the elements simultaneously. This image was also our first successful use of an animated gif.
Assignment 5: The picture above shows our spaceship enlarged to fill a 500 x 600 window. It was enlarged using a GTM. In addition to using a unitCircle array and unitSquare array, we created two additional shapes: a polyline to create the lazers between the wings and a polygon to simulate the fire coming from our spaceship, since it goes so fast.
Assignment 6: This image is of a Brohan doing a front flip on a diving board. I used four modules to create the scene: the Brohan (the smallest element), the Board, the Pool, and the Scene (which forms the overall image). To make the Brohan do a front flip, over the course of the animation I had different variables and parameters change depending on what part of the animation was currently executing. I created the motion of the Brohan's flip by moving the module back to the origin, rotating by a small percentage of pi/2, and then moving the module back to its correct location before translating it by a small amount. I created the bending of the diving board using a vertical shear. Shred on, Brohan!
Assignment 7: This image shows an idyllic country cottage illuminated by the moon (not pictured) at night. The most striking feature of this rustic cottage is its chimney, which appears to be sitting on the roof but is actually hovering exactly where the roof would be. This image was created by modifying the test code provided by Professor Maxwell and placing the code within a "for" loop to create a series of pictures that, when put together in sequence, form an animation. In the animation, the cottage rotates around the y-axis, requiring a translation back to the origin, a rotation, and a retranslation back to the center of the image for every sequence of rotation.