I, then, created a new Pixmap that was doubly wide and double the height of the original 'pmap' because I want all four cloned pmaps to fit in this new Pixmap. Each cloned map will fit into a quadrant of the new Pixmap.
Completing the last task of this project was the most difficult for me to figure out how to use the nested for loops and if statement within the noBlue function.
This snippet of code shows the if statement I used to assign b to a value of 'very blue' when it was greater than the green channel and 1.5 times the red channel. If the pixel had a blue channel with these stipulations, then the blue channel was switched to a value of 0. The resulting image showed no blue pixels.
I created several different functions including a creepy red image with red channel pixels, a function that draws on random integers for the red channel and creates a pink fuzzy image. I then put together some of these functions in a Warhol collage done with a 3x3 size.
What I learned:
I learned how a Pixmap can be used and how fun it is to manipulate images using Python. I didn't realize that r,g,b values were on a scale of 0-255, so playing around with the values to make a negative image was very interesting to learn. When making my Warhol collages, I also learned how the coordinate system is used in Python. I didn't know that the 0,0 point starts in the top right corner of the Pixmap.