In This Section...
Every space has its own independent set of permissions. Permissions can be assigned to specific group, registered users (those with a Colby username and password), and to users in the Anonymous group.
These are the different permissions that can be assigned at the space level:
- View: user can view this space's content, including the space's details, and its pages and news items (blog posts)
- Create - user may create and edit pages in this space.
- Export - user may export pages in this space.
- Restrict - user may apply page level permissions.
- Remove - user may remove pages in this space.
- News (i.e. blog posts):
- Create - user may post news items in this space.
- Remove - user may remove news items in this space.
- Create - user may make comments in this space.
- Remove - user may remove comments from this space.
- Create - user may add attachments in this space.
- Remove - user may remove attachm\ents from this space.
- Remove - user may delete individual mail items.
- Export - user may export content from this space.
- Admin - user has administrative permissions over this space.
Creating a Personal Space
1. Go to your name at the top of the page. (This is the 'User' menu. A dropdown list will appear when your cursor hovers over the 'User' menu.)
2. Select 'Create Personal Space' from the dropdown list. The 'Create Personal Space' view will open.
3. Enter a few details about your space:
Choose who can view content.
Choose who can contribute (create and edit) content.
4. Choose a theme (look and feel) for your space:
5. Click the "Create" button
6. Your home page will be displayed:
Editing Your Profile
Go to your name at the top of the page. (This is the 'User' menu. A dropdown list will appear when your cursor hovers over the 'User' menu.)
Select 'Profile' from the dropdown list. The 'Profile' view will open.
On Your Profile You Can
- View your personal details and photograph (optional).
- Edit your personal details (name and email address).
- Upload a profile picture (optional).
- Change your password.
- View your profile information: group membership, site preferences, email notification preferences, and user statistics (the date on which you signed up to the site, date of your last login, and the number of pages you have authored).
- View the recent activity of users that you are following via the Network view.
- Follow other users from this view.
- View your history of status updates.
- View your personal labels.
- View a list of the pages and spaces you are currently watching.
- Retrieve any pages you were in the process of editing.
- Edit your General Settings (homepage, language and timezone).
- Subscribe to email notifications.
Working with Spaces
You can browse a space from either the Dashboard or from inside the space itself by clicking on the "Browse Space" icon: located at the top of every page. The menu items of this view are:
Viewing and Editing Space Details
Confluence lets you move content easily between spaces.
Moving a Page From one Space to Another
Moving a Family of Pages From one Space to Another
To move a family of pages - a parent page and all child pages - follow the same procedure as above, only:
- Check the box titled "Move Children"
- Then Click "OK"
You can move an attachment from its current location to any page within the same site.
Deleting a Space
Deleting a space permanently removes the space and all of its contents. To be safe, create an XML Space Backup before deleting a space. Once deleted, there is no way to recover a space unless you have made an XML backup.
Space Administration Menus
To view a Space Administration menu:
- Click on the "Browse Space" link
- Click on "Space Admin"
For a Global Space...
For a Personal Space