To learn to use alpha blending and effects to create a collage with lists as part of the coding.
Task one was to create a collage with 5 different pictures, one being a picture of myself. I used 4 effects, swapRedBlue, swapRedGreen,swapBlueGreen and two new effects, dots and mirror. Also, the two effects, 'mirror' and ' pixmapblue ' can be controlled through the command line. Each one manipulates the color pixels.Because the pictures overlap, alpha blending gives an interesting effect to the collage.
Task two was to create a collage in the shape of a triangle, with three different pictures.
Extensions : I have already used several extensions such as use of command line for mirror effect and creation of additional effects such as dots in required image 1.
Also, I created another collage with four images called 'quadcollage'.
What I learned
- To achieve efficiency in coding through the use of lists.
- To create special effects on images through overlapping and alpha blending.
- To create programs in which effects can be decided through command lines.
- To create interesting images such as the maine( light house image) with complex effects such as mirror effect through simple coding.
- To use lists with x,y positions and 'convert scaling' to create collages to give shapes such as triangles.